Join Söuthsea Swimrun this June as we battle against swimrun teams from all over the world to complete the most swimrun distance over the month.
How do I join team Söuthsea Swimrun in the battle
- Join Söuthsea Swimrun club. You’ll also gain access to some awesome race discounts, so it’s well worth the £25 membership fee: http://southseaswimrun.com/product/membership/
- Register as part of team Söuthsea Swimrun: https://envolcoaching.net/product/the-big-battle-registration/
- Enter the event (same link). It only costs 100 kroner, less than a tenner, so it’s well worth it for all the swimrun fun you’re going to have. At the same time you get to do some good, as a portion of each entry goes to Sea Shepherd, helping to support their fight to protect the oceans.
- Swimrun as much as you can in June.
- Be proud of being a part of a great team of swimrunners.
What counts as a swimrun?
An activity counts as a swimrun if it consists of at least two runs and two swims. Minimum 15 min duration or 2 km of distance.
Is there a limit to my swimrun madness?
You are limited to a maximum of two activities per day, but it’s up to you how long they are ;-). The rules can be found on the Team Envol website.
How do I track my activity?
Register your swimrun every time you complete one and include a link to the activity from your Strava, Garmin, Polar, Suunto account. Here’s a handy video from Team Envol about how we do this: https://youtu.be/IawreNE_Ed8
So, do I just swimrun as much as possible, or will there be specific tasks throughout the month?
There will be a series of mini challenges you can take part in over the month. More info will follow, but they might include re-creating the distances of specific races from around the world (very much like Vini’s unofficial Ötillö events from last year). Other challenges will include:
- longest swimrun of the week
- most activities during the week
- best photos
- best battle gear
- most rubbish picked
- best swimrun streaker (unless something has been lost in translation here, it’s a good job we’ve got a nudie beach, eek!)
I’m also thinking about attempting a long swimrun on the longest day if anyone’s keen to join in on June 21.
But what if I don’t have a GPS watch?
The aim is to get as many people out there swimrunning as possible, so don’t worry, if you don’t have a GPS watch you can:
- Swimrun with a friend who does! Just attach the link to her/his activity instead.
- Check the distance on Google Maps. We’ll also include some standard distances on the website before the event, so it’ll be easy for you to track yourselves.
- Send a photo of yourself in swimrun gear, before or after.
How can I make sure everyone knows about my swimrunning exploits?
Post about your activities on social media (Facebook; Instagram): use the hashtags #THEBIGBATTLE and #SWIMRUN and tag @envolswimrun and @southsea.swimrun. Post on the Söuthsea Swimrun Group Facebook page to inspire your team mates.
Add #SeaShepherd where appropriate.
The main thing is to have fun and support your team, and to tell everyone about it.